Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hello Blog!

I've missed you! 

I've been busier than I've let most think because I'm preparing for the GOOD holiday season that is now upon us.  I say good because while I do like Halloween, it just doesn't hold a candle to Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year.  ;-)

As most of you know, I'm a very crafty kind of gal and I've always got my hands in something.  Well, once the day came that I realized I was a real live grown up and that I could do things MY way, in MY home the holidays have become, well, an undertaking.  LOL  Now I've not gotten to the point that it's overwhelming, a pain in the butt or something to dread (it's not like going to work, people!), but I have definitely made it my own by going bigger and bigger each year.  J and I have a tradition (handed down to me from my Mom) of always buying a new ornament each year to symbolize a significant event from the year.  This year we'll of course be on the hunt for a dog ornament since it was January when we got Spency.  But some years there are a few ornaments to buy which of course is always a great thing.  Who doesn't love having lots of great memories to look back on at the end of the year?  But we also add to our other Christmas decorations each year.  Even if it's as small as buying a few more strands of lights, we add to it. 

Well along with all of the food cooking, house decorating and shopping that there is to do, I also spend a lot of time getting things ready to sell.  It started off with craft fairs and has now reached the internet.  I'll soon be posting lots of new (and different!) items on Etsy in the hopes of sharing my love of creativity with others.  I LOVE knowing that something I created is being given as a gift to someone else or is gracing someone elses home (or person if it's jewelry they select!) because they found my work to be beautiful and/or interesting.  I have this dream of owning a home with a TREMENDOUS work space for me to lay out all of my crafting materials.  I'd have "stations" for each type of work and a wide variety of options, so that no matter what crafty mood you were in, you would have something to work with.  Instead I've been slowly working on my projects in one of our spare bedrooms, trying my best to get and keep organized as I do.  :-)  I am really looking forward to getting these new items up on Etsy and sharing them with you all.  And before long, it'll soon be time to start adding pictures to each blog post so that you can all see the progress that is made this holiday season.  :-)

I hope that you, too, are getting in the holiday mood!  To me this is truly the BEST time of the year.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment