Monday, October 4, 2010

What?! I WANT to stay home today??

Talk about a complete 360!  I guess following all of the "excitement" of the last few days I just need a day to stay home, recuperate and catch up on things around the house. 

It's now mid-afternoon and I've done a great job of balancing being a total slacker as well as housewife extraordinaire.  :-)  Laundry, dishes, dinner planned, phone calls made, internet surfing, TV watching and of course a bit of iPad game playing under my belt so far and I STILL haven't had even a single itch to leave the house.  My hubby is loving it, he's always glad for a day spent at home.  The weather is again beautiful and I have the doors open wide to catch the breezes as they happen by.  Even the dog is happy!  He is alternating between sunbathing, playing with his toys in the yard and coming inside for naps.  I'll tell you, installing that dog door was the best thing we ever did.  It is seriously making me consider installing a kid door when we get to that point.  LOL

So this afternoon I'll finish my housework (I've still got floors to do, and that for me is a chore since there is so much ceramic tile in this house to mop) and later we'll go for another walk.  Potato soup and veal cutlet for dinner tonight.  :D

2 comments:

  1. LOL - I love the Kid Door idea! And I bet Spencer is the happiest dog on the block right now! And Potato Soup sounds so yummy right now!! :-)

    ReplyDelete