Thursday, January 13, 2011

Keeping busy with crafts

Sorry it's been so long since I've written, but life has been busier than normal!  I really thought that things would slow down once Christmas was over as far as crafting goes, but in truth there is no rest for the weary.  Wedding season is fast approaching which means that bride-to-be's are already busy shopping for all of their wedding necessities.  I've been working on tiaras again (making only my best sellers for now) and will have those listed soon.

In the meanwhile though I've realized that NOW is the time to really work on building up and promoting my Etsy.com and ArtFire.com shops.  I've been selling my crafts on Etsy, through craft fairs and other venues for some time now and while I've always sold enough to replenish supplies and keep my work going, I've never sold enough to justify putting further time and expense into it.  Until now.  Christmas was a GREAT selling season for me!  Every single day I was shipping out orders.  I'd work throughout the day creating new products and spend part of my nights setting up shipments.  It was a lot of work, but it was worth it because it gave me both the financial boost as well as the confidence boost I needed to go a few steps further in selling.

Today I set up a Facebook page to promote my items via my Etsy and ArtFire pages.  I added a badge to my blog here so that you can link directly to the page and soon I hope to start doing advertising.  Advertising is a big step though, so first I'll continue to work, work, work and build up my shop even more before taking that route.  ;-)

Here are the links directly to my Etsy and ArtFire pages.  The link to FB can be found just to the right of my blog posts.  ;-)

http://www.etsy.com/shop/DesignsByElle

http://www.artfire.com/users/DesignsByElle

Enjoy and Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment