Sunday, January 23, 2011

Two good things are happening! (Not about moving home.)

Yesterday J completed (in record time I might add) all of his beginning of the year training and re-certifications.  SOOO, what that means is, he can FINALLY start his new schedule!

You guys have no idea how happy this make us.  Finally, after years of dealing with crappy schedules, he finally has hours that can be considered "normal".  No, he still doesn't have weekends off, but the hours are good.  This means that when I get up with him in the morning I can stay up for the rest of the day and not continue sleeping in two shifts.  This means that I can have dinner cooked when he walks in the door so we can sit down, eat dinner together (something that hasn't always been possible due to bad schedules) and still have the evening for ourselves.  This means having a pretty normal life now.  :-)  Well...as normal as normal gets for us anyway.  LOL


But, the BIGGEST and the BEST news of all is that J is graduating soon!!!!!!!!  His very last class is on Saturday, January 29th and he will be finished with his degree!  That's just 6 days away!  When he first started back to school this seemed like a never ending road.  Between school and work I knew that things would be tough and couldn't imagine it coming to an end quickly.  And while it was a tough road a lot of times, it also seems to have flown by.  So many times J has started back to college only to be derailed each time by something or another.  Every time he was more disappointed so when he started school this time I told him that no matter what, he would make it through.  I would be sure of that.  Even though I couldn't do the work for him, I would offer him the one thing he'd been lacking prior.  Support.  And I gave that to him.  I've done as much on my own as I could to allow him time for his homework and studying and I always put his school work first.  I know I may sound like I'm bragging here, I'm not.  It's been tough on both of us and this is a big moment that we've both worked hard to get to.  But it goes without saying that J did the majority of the heavy lifting through this.  Not only did he deal with work, his home life and school, but he managed all of it AND a 4.0 GPA to boot!  You guys have NO idea how proud I am of him and this accomplishment!  So next weekend (our weekend, not the actual weekend) I plan on taking him out to celebrate!  He deserves that and so much more for all of his hard work! 

I love you, J!  And I am so proud of you I could burst!  Thank you for everything that you do for us, you are a wonderful man and I couldn't have asked for a better person to share my life with.  :-) 

1 comment:

  1. That's so fantastic Michelle!!!

    I know just how you feel. When D and I got together, he was just starting out in his career and we had soooo many ups and downs. Jobs would come and go so quickly, we never had any real stability.

    We stuck it out together and made our way through. D worked his butt off to get where he is now, so I can also relate to the pride. :^)

    Congrats J!!! Tomorrow is your big day!!!

    ReplyDelete